Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Avery Walks!

Avery has finally walked on her own! Not the kind with me or Robby holding her hand, but of her own free will. We were at my sister's house celebrating Mclane's 12th birthday on Sunday when she took about 5 steps from their piano bench. We were watching Mclane open presents, so when we realized what she was doing, we all screamed and then she sat down on her bum. She has been walking and staying on her feet a litte more each day. She still does her booty scoot though, because she can get to where she wants faster that way. I know that I am doomed because now she can get into more trouble, but I am happy because she has finally reached this milestone at 15 months. She is just our little pipsqeak who likes to do things on her own terms! Good job Avery.

8 comments:

heather said...

YAY Avery! It is about time you posted something. Your life will never be the same.

Krysta Martinez said...

Awesome! You'll be grateful she is learning a more graceful method of movement than a butt scoot even if it does mean she gets in more trouble :)

shalee said...

Sweet!!! That is so exciting! Did you notice that we both posted about walking at practically the same time.

PalsRWe said...

Way to go Avery, you are such a cute little thing. Love Uncle Brentie, Anutie Kiki and cousin Baby K...

Rachel said...

She is so cute! I didn't know she was a bum scooter too! My Jacob was too, and he was 15 months before he decided to walk also.

Our Blog is private, for access email me schwendimans at gmail dot com

TheTandyFamily said...

Yeah that Avery is walking!! I am freaking out when I read that you guys were celebrating McLane's "12th" b-day...hello I swear it was just yesterday he was this little minature dude running around the bookstore. Crazy! When it comes to late bloomers I have everyone beat, Ellie was 17 months old when she started walking. I have never met anyone who's baby walked that late. I will be in Fresno in a few weeks, lets get together.

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

NO WAY!!

Robby Pauline, I think you need to work on getting a little closer to the razor! And there is NO WAY you are old enough to be a dad!

You better watch out who's got your blog link listed...you know I'm related to half of Fresno. Tell your sister hi for me ;)

"Becki Phillips"

Kathryn Poduska said...

Yeah for Avery! Your kids are so cute. We are doing really well... except for the fact that we never see you guys! :(